The Cloud Engineer L2 will be responsible for core cloud compute services that provide virtual machines, bare metal and storage to the business. He/She will also manage critical shared infrastructure like databases and message queues that are used by cloud infrastructure services.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement infrastructure, processes, and automation for global complex environments
- Gather requirements, provide design, and implement solutions that align with the defined roadmap
- Document designs, processes, projects, tools, standards and techniques
- Document processes, installation procedures, and issue / resolution procedures
- Administer and maintain cloud platform
- Troubleshoot cloud platform related issues
- Data lifecycle management process by leveraging cloud backup and archiving technologies
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on trends and make recommendations
- understanding long term fiscal impacts
- Research technology to broaden knowledge of current and future issues and technologies.
- Train and develop junior team members in technical areas
- B.S in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, ECE or any IT related course
- 1 year of Red Hat Openstack, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine, Azure or any cloud technology experience
- 1-2 years of Linux Systems Administration experience
- Strong understanding of cloud fundamentals
- Experience in migrating key applications to cloud providers
- Experience in scripting/programming
- Experience with cloud management solutions
- Experience with Open Source technologies and methodologies
- Experience with cloud role-based access controls.
- Knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of major cloud providers
- Preferred Qualifications
Training / Certification in VMWare or any Cloud Technology
- Experience in MS Azure cloud services. Includes the following but not limited to:
o Key Vault
o Container Registry
o Data Storage (PAAS)
- Networking (Connectivity in Azure)
- Must be willing to work on-call and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment where change is the norm.
- Must be able to learn new computing technologies quickly.
- Ability to perform risk assessments
- Must work effectively with a team and be self-directed.
- Planning & Organizing
- Positive Can-Do Attitude
- Building Productive Working Relationships
- Negotiation and persuasion
- Communication and Collaboration
- High Degree of Initiative thinking and problem solving
- Preferably someone who can start ASAP